MADISON, Wis. - City officials announced street closures and transit detours for Freakfest in a news release on Monday.
According to the release, State, Lake, Johnson and Dayton streets will close at 5 p.m. Gorham Street will close at 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. The streets will be closed until roughly 3 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 27.
West Gilman Street will also be closed between North Henry Street and State Street, and West Mifflin Street will be closed at Wisconsin Avenue starting at 2 p.m. for the construction of two stages.
The release also notes that the event gates for Freakfest will be open from 7 p.m. until 1:30 a.m., which means an event ticket will be required to enter or cross State Street.
Officials also said all bikes will be removed from the entire length of State Street on Saturday, Oct. 26.
Street closures will also affect bus routes. A map with alternate routes for the night can be found here.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Madison woman found slumped over wheel of running car, arrested on OWI charges, police say
- Two masked, armed men rob East Washington Avenue business, police say
- Better Business Bureau shares tips on how to avoid scams, thefts during holiday season
- Wisconsin Guard leader to make changes after assault probe
- 'We did have a little dress rehearsal for winter,' city crews prep for ice and snow removal
- Man killed in fatal ATV crash identified