FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police are investigating reports of several stolen vehicles overnight, according to a release.
Officers from Fitchburg and Madison responded around 4:50 p.m. to 2096 Red Arrow Trail for a report of a stolen vehicle with the owner’s child left inside, police said.
The vehicle had briefly been left running in the parking lot with an infant inside, according to the release.
An officer found the infant, unharmed and in a car seat left on the other side of the parking lot, officials said. The unoccpied vehicle was located nearby.
Later that night, around 7:30 p.m., Fitchburg officers took another report of a stolen vehicle in the 4600 block of Jenewein Road, according to the release. The victim told officers a key fob was left in the vehicle.
Police said no suspects were located, and both incidents are still under investigation.
- School District of Reedsburg breaks ground on new elementary school
- MMSD announces two new community schools after receiving $1.1 million grant
- Brat Fest beefs up security in light of last year's problems
- 'Added concern': Fitchburg neighbors worry with sex offender moving in near Seminole Pool
- Man who sexually assaulted UW student to be placed in Fitchburg apartment
- What's next? Water Utility Board plans for next steps after $6 million deficit