FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police are investigating reports of several stolen vehicles overnight, according to a release.
Officers from Fitchburg and Madison responded around 4:50 p.m. to 2096 Red Arrow Trail for a report of a stolen vehicle with the owner’s child left inside, police said.
The vehicle had briefly been left running in the parking lot with an infant inside, according to the release.
An officer found the infant, unharmed and in a car seat left on the other side of the parking lot, officials said. The unoccpied vehicle was located nearby.
Later that night, around 7:30 p.m., Fitchburg officers took another report of a stolen vehicle in the 4600 block of Jenewein Road, according to the release. The victim told officers a key fob was left in the vehicle.
Police said no suspects were located, and both incidents are still under investigation.
Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
- No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Students discuss school security concerns
- Teacher, firearms instructor agree arming teachers is not the way to prevent school shootings
- Madison software company creates safety technology for school districts
- Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County