BELLEVILLE, Wis. - For those of you who have watched the show “Cheers,” you’re probably familiar with the theme song, “Where Everybody Knows Your Name.”
“Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Since photojournalist Kathy King and I visited Lingonberry Llama Cafe in downtown Belleville, I can’t get this song out of my head because this is Belleville’s version of “Cheers” -- minus the alcohol.
Lingonberry Llama has only been open for about nine months but already it is doing something amazing for the villagers. It is providing a gathering place, a community center of sorts, and it is giving yet another reason for all of us to visit Belleville.
The Llama is owned by Jon Cleveland, a transplant from Owen-Withee, and his family. The plan was to serve great coffee and some awesome baked goods. But it ended up doing so much more than that and has been recognized by Reader’s Digest as one of the “nicest places in America.”
Don’t believe me? Watch this special Do Something Good story and then take a drive to Belleville to get a shot of espresso and a Lingonberry cookie. Trust me on this one.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- E. coli found in Cassville water supply, boil order issued
- One haircut at a time: Former Badgers receiver partners with UW Health, barbershop to save lives
- A cause for celebration for some, concern for others: Community reacts to Cephus' return as Badger
- Wisconsin school bus companies scramble to find drivers
- Dane County faces groundwater flooding one year after historic rainfall
- Willy Street Co-Op community initiative allows anyone to paint new art mural