BELLEVILLE, Wis. - For those of you who have watched the show “Cheers,” you’re probably familiar with the theme song, “Where Everybody Knows Your Name.”
“Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Since photojournalist Kathy King and I visited Lingonberry Llama Cafe in downtown Belleville, I can’t get this song out of my head because this is Belleville’s version of “Cheers” -- minus the alcohol.
Lingonberry Llama has only been open for about nine months but already it is doing something amazing for the villagers. It is providing a gathering place, a community center of sorts, and it is giving yet another reason for all of us to visit Belleville.
The Llama is owned by Jon Cleveland, a transplant from Owen-Withee, and his family. The plan was to serve great coffee and some awesome baked goods. But it ended up doing so much more than that and has been recognized by Reader’s Digest as one of the “nicest places in America.”
Don’t believe me? Watch this special Do Something Good story and then take a drive to Belleville to get a shot of espresso and a Lingonberry cookie. Trust me on this one.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 3 Madison residents charged with related gun crimes
- Search continues for Beloit teenager gone missing in November - police have no confirmed sightings
- Granddaughter of murder victim raises money to help other families of crime victims
- Teen in possession of stolen key fobs during East Washington Avenue crash
- Edgewood College removes link to Planned Parenthood from website; students protest for apologies
- The UPS Store staff say 750 million packages to be sent through UPS alone this holiday season