JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville-based CBD Manufacturer Simply Solutions will be moving into a larger facility in a matter of months, says CEO John Goepfert.
According to Goepfert, the business, which he said only has been in existence for roughly two years, created a scientific way to produce safe, reliable CBD.
"There's an opioid crisis in America," he said. "What's fantastic about a product like hemp and CBD is there's real value in pain relief."
Goepfert said the company uses a special technique to remove CBD from hemp plants. He said the same practice can also be used to isolate other raw materials, like green tea leaves.
The company will move from its current home in the Janesville Innovation Center to a 30,000 square-foot facility about a mile away. Goepfert said this larger space will allow the company to produce CBD products and various other products in higher quantities.
According to certain market analysts, the CBD market could grow to as large as $22 billion by 2022. Although strict government regulations are not yet in place, Goepfert said when they are, his company will be prepared.
"We'll supply the manufacturer with a clean, healthy, verifiable product," he said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Middleton Police Chief receives Hometown Hero Award
Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Local girl pays it forward with heartfelt donation
- 'They're in there helping the little guy': Janesville farmer explains how Farm Aid 2019 helps him
- 4 children, 1 woman injured when car hit horse and buggy
- Lodi Police Department names new chief, addresses plans for department
- Funeral set for Milwaukee officer, hit by driver in 2017