JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville-based CBD Manufacturer Simply Solutions will be moving into a larger facility in a matter of months, says CEO John Goepfert.
According to Goepfert, the business, which he said only has been in existence for roughly two years, created a scientific way to produce safe, reliable CBD.
"There's an opioid crisis in America," he said. "What's fantastic about a product like hemp and CBD is there's real value in pain relief."
Goepfert said the company uses a special technique to remove CBD from hemp plants. He said the same practice can also be used to isolate other raw materials, like green tea leaves.
The company will move from its current home in the Janesville Innovation Center to a 30,000 square-foot facility about a mile away. Goepfert said this larger space will allow the company to produce CBD products and various other products in higher quantities.
According to certain market analysts, the CBD market could grow to as large as $22 billion by 2022. Although strict government regulations are not yet in place, Goepfert said when they are, his company will be prepared.
"We'll supply the manufacturer with a clean, healthy, verifiable product," he said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Police looking for man who robbed Associated Bank in Fitchburg
Much colder weather for a couple of days, followed by some light snow chances
- Much colder weather for a couple of days, followed by some light snow chances
- Lake Geneva thieves pose as contractors, officials say
- Closing of 2 Roman Candle Pizzeria locations is example of Madison's unemployment issues
- 'This is their store': SASY Neighborhood fundraiser to support Jenifer Street Market
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after Monday morning crash, police say
- Head of Wisconsin National Guard to resign after investigation finds mishandled complaints