MADISON, Wis. - Cat Café Mad is reopening with a new kitchen after raising $11,000 with a Kickstarter campaign.
The grand reopening is being celebrated at 6 p.m. Saturday.
The reopening will feature new menu items, a raffle, photo booth and cats.
The new café is set to specialize in crepes. In addition, it has a new espresso bar and full-service coffee menu.
There are nearly 20 cats in the cattery at a time. The cats come from the local cat shelter Community Cat, and the shop helps find them new homes. People are able to adopt the cats they play with.
- Man arrested after causing crash, fighting with K-9 officer, spitting on paramedics, police say
- City to drivers: Be alert for upcoming west side road construction
- Baraboo officials ask voters about proposed wheel tax
- Attic fire causes $20K in damage to Town of Beloit home, fire officials say
- Golf Subcommittee to decide fate of Madison city courses
- Far southwestern Wisconsin to be hit with late night winter storm