MADISON, Wis. - Madison firefighters tell News 3 a car nearly ran into the side of the state Capitol Saturday evening.
Firefighters say it happened around 7:30 p.m., when a driver came from the east side of the capitol square and hit other vehicles as it came close to running into the building.
Madison police said they are investigating an earlier crash on East Washington Avenue involving the same car.
It was not immediately clear whether the driver was hurt.
A Department of Administration spokesperson said the car did not damage the Capitol building. The accident appears to be the result of a medical event with the driver.
- LaFollette High School adds cameras, considering additional police officer following safety concerns
- Police: Driver in crash faces repeat impaired driving, possession of heroin charges
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Kewaunee dairy says owner among 3 victims in Indiana farm field plane crash
- 2 killed in head-on commercial crash in Jackson County
- Police release surveillance images in shooting at Madison liquor store