BRODHEAD, Wis. - A car crashed through the front window of the Bank of Brodhead Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
Police responded just before 3 p.m. to the bank at 806 E. Exchange St., according to a Facebook post.
Officers determined the driver had intended to use the car’s brakes, but instead pressed down on the gas pedal, causing the car to drive over the sidewalk and through the front window, police said. The car stopped in the lobby of the bank.
The 82-year-old driver, a woman from Brodhead, was referred to the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles for a driver’s license assessment, according to the post.
The vehicle, front window and office furnishings were extensively damaged, officials said.
No one was injured, according to the release. The bank was closed for the remainder of the day due to the damage.
- Heat a concern for those without homes this holiday weekend
- Flowers stolen from veterans' graves on Memorial Day weekend
- Missing Beloit girl found safe
- Beloit police look for missing 10-year-old girl
- Pavement buckling on U.S. 12 impacting traffic, WisDOT says
- Madison police investigating after man robs adult video store, flees on foot