MADISON, Wis. - The driver of the van that crashed into a house on East Washington Saturday morning claims his accelerator was stuck, police said in a news release Sunday morning.
Madison police and fire departments responded to a call Saturday morning reporting a car that crashed into a home on the 1900 block of East Washington Avenue.
The driver, a 61-year-old male, was driving his van outbound on East Washington near Blair Street, traveling at an estimated 50 mph or more, according to the Madison police department.
The van crashed into two parked vehicles before driving over the median and crashing into the East Washington home, police said.
Officials said the incident was witnessed by a Dane County Sheriff's Office deputy at 5:42 a.m.
Police report the driver and one other were transported for minor injuries . However, there were no major injuries as a result of the incident.
Police said the investigation is continuing.
- Police release sketch of man who attacked, robbed woman
- UW-Madison faculty, staff to get 4 percent pay increase
- Cause of Badger Bus fire that shut down Beltline undetermined, officials say
- Police find shell casings, damaged condo morning after reports of shots fired
- Madison's water usage drops to lowest level in 50 years, officials say
- Police: Teen cited for swinging cat by legs in helicopter-type motion