MADISON, Wis. - The driver of the van that crashed into a house on East Washington Saturday morning claims his accelerator was stuck, police said in a news release Sunday morning.
Madison police and fire departments responded to a call Saturday morning reporting a car that crashed into a home on the 1900 block of East Washington Avenue.
The driver, a 61-year-old male, was driving his van outbound on East Washington near Blair Street, traveling at an estimated 50 mph or more, according to the Madison police department.
The van crashed into two parked vehicles before driving over the median and crashing into the East Washington home, police said.
Officials said the incident was witnessed by a Dane County Sheriff's Office deputy at 5:42 a.m.
Police report the driver and one other were transported for minor injuries . However, there were no major injuries as a result of the incident.
Police said the investigation is continuing.
- IRS reports new twist on phone scams
- Badger Ready offers second chance to complete undergraduate degree
- Sauk County residents warned to beware of storm scammers
- Verona Area School District breaks ground on new high school
- Driverless shuttle offers glimpse into future of public transportation
- Consumer Reports: Is peanut butter good for you?