PORTAGE, Wis. - The Canada Pacific Holiday Train is set to wrap up its holiday visit in Wisconsin on Wednesday.
At 1 p.m. Wednesday, the train will make its first appearance of the day in Portage at the CP Yard adjacent to Averbeck Street. From 1:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m., a group of performers will entertain all of the onlookers in the area.
From Portage, the train will travel to the Wisconsin Dells, where it will arrive at 2:30 p.m. for another performance. Other destinations include Mauston, Tomah and Sparta. La Crosse is the last Wisconsin destination for this year's visit.
The train has already stopped in Wauwatosa, Hartland, Oconomowoc and Watertown, among other places.
During the trip, money and food will be collected for food banks.
The holiday train's schedule is available here.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police respond to shots fired on Britta Parkway
- Madison home struck with BBs multiple times; victim believes family member targeted
- Madison police looking for people who crashed stolen SUV
- Rock 'n' roll concert raises about $80,000 for epilepsy research, respite care
- UW regents approve 2% pay raises for chancellors
- 3 Madison residents charged with related gun crimes