MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police said the risk on State Street was cleared around 2:40 a.m. Thursday following reports of a man with a gun.
Police issued a WiscAlert at 1:23 a.m. as a precautionary warning for people to avoid the 600 block of State Street.
WiscAlert - The subject with the gun has left the area. There's no known danger to the UW-Madison campus at this time.— UW-Madison (@UWMadison) September 20, 2018
In a release, Madison police said they received multiple calls reporting a man openly carrying holstered firearms.
Police warned people in the area to get to a safe location.
WiscAlert-A man with a gun has been reported at the 600 block of State Street. Avoid the area.— UW-Madison (@UWMadison) September 20, 2018
UW police said no shots were fired or injuries reported.
- Madison police searching for men after shooting, attempted robbery on city's west side
- Milwaukee Brewers eliminated from post season, Dodgers headed to World Series
- Man arrested on 6th OWI charge after speeding violation, sheriff says
- Wisconsin prep football team plays on after teammate's death
- 1 dead, 3 injured in Lake Delton car crash
- Brewers fans eager for World Series as team enters game 7