JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested Monday morning after he pointed a gun at a teenager who dropped his sister off at their residence, police said.
Janesville officers responded around 6:30 a.m. to a report of an armed man in the area of 3235 Randolph Road, according to a release.
A teenager told police that 23-year-old Eloy N. Bello Vega approached his car and pointed a gun at him after the teenager dropped Bello Vega’s sister off.
Officers set up a perimeter around the area and after a police negotiator made contact with Bello Vega, he came out of the residence and surrendered without incident, according to the release.
An unloaded .45-caliber semiautomatic handgun that was used in the incident was found, police said.
Bello Vega faces a tentative charge of second-degree recklessly endangering safety.
Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Officers, K-9 search for masked bank robber in Madison
- Caretaker charged in death of disabled girl in Milwaukee
- UW System President responds to shared governance concerns
- EPA assesses apartment where potentially explosive chemicals found