MILWAUKEE, Wis. - Miller Park's protective netting will be extended on the field level for the 2020 season, the Milwaukee Brewers announced Friday.
The club said it plans to add 105 feet of netting on the first-base side, ending where sections 108 and 109 meet. The club also plans to add 145 feet of netting along the third-base side, which will extend past the area where the tarp is located and stop between sections 128 and 129. The height will stay the same.
The netting addition comes after multiple fans have been hit and severely injured by foul balls in stadiums across the country in recent years.
The club said the netting will be in place before the 2020 exhibition games against the Royals that begin March 23.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'Doing nothing's not an option': State legislators and gun control activists rally for change
- Family displaced after apartment fire in Madison
- Middleton man arrested on sixth drunken driving charge
- Verona Parks Board approves Jesus Lunch event
- DeForest man charged with 5 counts of receiving child pornography
- Second Harvest Foodbank receives grant for Beloit school pantry