MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee shortstop Orlando Arcia may have abruptly checked out in the third inning of the Brewers' series finale against the Chicago Cubs, but he still managed to turn a double play.
Arcia arrived at the hospital Sunday just in time to see the birth of his twin daughters. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel says Brewers manager Craig Counsell said after the game that "it happened pretty fast," but Arcia made it in time to be with his fiancee, Elena, for the birth of the twins.
Counsell says Arcia will take some time away for paternity leave. Hernan Perez moved from third base to shortstop when Arcia left Sunday's game. Mike Moustakas checked into the game at third.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Three displaced, person of interest identified in fire on Madison's north side
Next recession may not be as bad as 2008
- Tannerite explosion reported in Richland County
- Crop Hunger Walk donates funds to community food resources
- Exploring artifacts from historic, prehistoric periods at Native American Indian Artifact Show
- Knowing impacts of diabetes, high school student raises money for friend to get diabetes dog
- Community members express opinions about F-35 jets by mail
- Portion of Memorial Drive in Janesville to close Monday for sewer repairs