MONTFORT, Wis. - Three years after an 8-year-old Montfort boy was shot in the head by his mother before she killed his 6-year-old brother and turned the gun on herself, Joey Slaight is headed home from therapy.
In January of 2015, Grant County deputies responded to the call of shots fired at a home in Montfort. Six-year-old Jaxon Slaight died from a gunshot wound to his head. His older brother, 8-year-old Joey Slaight, and his mother, 27-year-old Morgan Slaight, were taken to the hospital, where Morgan died a few days later.
Joey was taken to an intensive care facility down south to recover from the life-threatening wounds. Three years later, his family confirmed in a Facebook post that he was headed home.
Cards and letters to congratulate Joey can be sent to Joey Strong, PO Box 245, Jenks Ok 74037.
- Dodgeville High School honors veterans through tribute wall featuring names of alumni
- After two chimney fires, Madison firefighters remind people to have chimneys serviced
- Attorney: Panel won't consider plan to prosecute reporters
- Madison Fire Department says it needs ninth ambulance
- Another lane reopens along Verona Road following major construction project
- Two laptops stolen during burglary at downtown apartment, front door left unlocked, police say