MIDDLETON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Department of Justice released body camera footage from Sept. 19, the day of the WTS Paradigm shooting on.
The videos shows Middleton police officers and Dane County deputies responding to reports of an active shooter incident at the Middleton office building.
In the video, you can hear a member of law enforcement say, "he's still alive! He's still out there sitting up shooting!"
Officers tell 43-year-old Anthony Tong, to lower his weapon and surrender. When he refused, officers shot and killed him.
Dane County District Attorney Ismael Oznne cleared two Dane County sheriff's deputies and two Middleton police officers for fatally shooting Tong.
"Responding to an active shooter who is armed and is not responding to verbal commands to drop his weapon, gives law enforcement really no other option than to use deadly force as well," Ozanne said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
2 motorcyclists in hospital after crash in Beaver Dam
ATC says transformer failed, causing substation fires; state not responsible for inspections
- ATC says transformer failed, causing substation fires; state not responsible for inspections
- Madison jazz legend and radio host dies after battle with cancer
- Drivers detouring US 151 construction lead to increase in crashes at Dodgeville intersection
- Aw, shucks! 'Corn sweat' can cause local spikes in humidity, heat index
- 2 Wisconsin brothers missing in Missouri
- Uber driver brings 2 sisters 200 miles from Madison to aunt's 100th birthday party in Minnesota