BELOIT, Wis. - Beloit police are continuing to investigate after someone in a vehicle fired multiple gunshots, hitting another vehicle and a house early Monday morning.
According to a news release, it happened at 1:54 a.m. Monday in the 1800 block of Wisconsin Avenue, on Beloit’s north side.
Officers near the scene pursued the suspect vehicle as it left the scene and traveled southbound on Interstate 90. South Beloit police officers were able to use stop sticks on the interstate, the release said.
Officials said the vehicle was stopped and entered a ditch just south of the state line. Two men ran from the vehicle.
The driver, Emily Morris, 26, of Darien, stayed in the vehicle. Police said she was taken into custody for felony fleeing.
Officers were able to arrest one of the men who ran from the scene. Jared Johnson, 27, from Janesville, was arrested on charges of recklessly endangering safety and felony bail jumping, the release said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Beloit Police Department at 608-757-2244 or leave an anonymous tip with the Greater Beloit Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Cops and Bobbers connects kids with police officers through fishing
- Dogs offered free day in park
- Paddle and Portage racers compete for more than just the finish line
- Madison celebrates Juneteenth with local gathering, food, music
- UW police: Man arrested for showing gun after road rage incident at UW Arboretum
- East Madison community responds to Buckeye Road construction