TOWN OF MONTROSE, Wi - The Dane County Sheriff's office says several pieces of farm equipment are a total loss after a fire early Thursday morning.
The sheriff's office, along with fire departments from Belleville, Verona, Brooklyn, Fitchburg, Monticello and New Glarus were called to a farm at 7263 County Highway A just before 12:30 a.m. after a passerby saw the fire.
Crews found several bales of hay on fire when they got on scene. A total of about 200 bales were lost in the fire, which also burned farm equipment.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation but is not considered suspicious. There were no injuries in the fire.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Beloit seeks bike theft suspect, urges residents to lock up property after vehicle break-ins
- Middleton residents asked to take survey as city recruits next police chief
- Semi crash hampers morning traffic on John Nolen Drive in downtown Madison
- Scammers promote fake dinner for phony nonprofit at Madison events center
- Wisconsin boy says man strapped him to chair in basement
- Wisconsin 2nd-grader found vaping in classroom, taken to hospital