MADISON, Wis. - Public Health Madison & Dane County confirmed a bat found on the 1300 block of Forster Drive had rabies.
Officials said the bat was found on a public sidewalk Saturday. As a precaution, the bat was collected and tested for rabies. The results came back positive.
Anyone who thinks they may have had contact with the bat is asked to call the non-emergency police and fire dispatch at 608-255-2345 and ask for Animal Services.
Public health officials also ask anyone who finds a bat outside that is acting irregularly to call Animal Services.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'Monroe Street is still here': Businesses try to attract holiday shoppers one year post-construction
- Madison council passes 2020 budget with money for independent police auditor
- Adams County man sentenced to 90 months in federal prison for possessing firearms as felon
- Artist to dismantle spire saved from St. Raphael Cathedral fire in attempt to preserve its history
- Snow this evening ending around midnight
- Three new police officers, no ambulance: Police, fire departments react to city budget decisions