BARABOO, Wis. - A local girl emptied her piggy bank for a fundraiser to support the Baraboo K-9 unit, according to a Facebook post from the Baraboo Police Department.
The girl’s mother transcribed a letter detailing her thanks for the animals working in the department, and enclosed was every penny in the girl’s piggy bank. The fund joined the $1,500 raised in the third annual Doggie Wash, with all of the money going toward training and caring for police animals.
The young girl’s donation came to exactly $14. Police did not name the girl or her family.
- Man removes safety tether while working at construction site, falls 22 feet, officials say
- Pleasant Prairie man struck, killed in Kenosha
- Wasting disease discovered in Milwaukee County
- Council approves 8 new MPD officers
- Democrat wins seat in traditionally red Wisconsin district
- New bill makes it easier for first responders to get help with PTSD