KENOSHA, Wis. - It is one of the sweetest days of the year. National Doughnut Day is celebrated on the first Friday of June each year.
To mark the occasion, Travelocity, an online travel agency, ranked the best place to buy a doughnut in every state.
Paielli’s Bakery in Kenosha wins this honor for Wisconsin.
Paielli’s is a family owned and operated bakery. It has been serving southeastern Wisconsin since 1923. Sante and Matilda Paielli started their business in 1923, working with five employees. The business remains family-owned and now employs more than 80 people.
Travelocity encourages people to try the cinnamon-vanilla frosted doughnuts and Cyclops, which are the bakery’s claim to fame. Cyclops come covered in chocolate and pack a rich, creamy filling.
The website also called Kenosha a “doughnut mecca” naming Mike’s Donuts & Chicken and Oliver’s Bakery as contenders to Paielli’s Bakery.
- Beloit police looking for three men involved in overnight shots-fired incident
- Man doing yard work injured in gas explosion, fire official says
- Investigation concludes Madison police sergeant's behavior in incident was 'objectively reasonable'
- Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Phoenix home up for auction
- Milwaukee zoo visitors get first glimpse of red panda cub, Kiki
- Wisconsin DHS using Brewers stars to promote immunizations to Spanish speakers