MADISON, Wis. - The two men charged in a string of burglaries and car thefts across Southern Wisconsin were in court Friday.
Joshua Pitts, 17, and 24-year-old Cleaster Moon were arrested over the weekend. Pitts was given a $1,000 cash bail because he did not have any priors.
Prosecutors said Moon had a more substantial criminal record. As such, he was given a $20,000 bond for each charge he is facing.
Their preliminary hearings will be held next week.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Madison police searching for thieves involved in stealing credit cards from area health clubs
Judge rules against Madison Rastafarian church founders in eviction case
- Judge rules against Madison Rastafarian church founders in eviction case
- Madison School Board releases times, locations of community input sessions for superintendent search
- Middleton hopes residents will weigh in on search for next police chief
- Customer starts 'pay it forward' movement at Madison coffee shop in honor of late friend's birthday
- Former assisted living employee charged with neglect, accused of leaving residents unattended
- UWPD hosts cook-off fundraiser replete with costumes, Mr. Food recipes