NECEDAH, Wis. - Authorities have identified the man killed Monday night in a house fire in Juneau County.
The body of Gerard A. Dunn, 65, was found along with the remains of a pet, according to the Juneau County Medical Examiner's Department.
The caller told dispatchers a man lived at the home alone, according to a release from the Juneau County Sheriff's Office. The caller also believed the man and some pets were still inside the house.
Firefighters from the Armenia, Cutler and Necedah fire departments responded to the scene.
Officials said the investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- The Ride event in Madison canceled due to poor weather
- Highway 14 open after Rock County crash
- Man breaks leg, requires surgery following hit-and-run in Madison
- 15-year-old Madison teen crashes car into tree, arrested for OWI
- Pecatonica Area School District responds to controversial float in homecoming parade
- Police: 19-year-old woman sexually assaulted in car while visiting downtown Madison