SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A 12-unit apartment complex was evacuated early Thursday morning because of burnt food, officials said.
Crews were called around 1:45 a.m. to the 600 block of Schiller Street for a report of a structure fire, according to a release.
Firefighters found heavy smoke on the second floor, so they evacuated the building, officials said. Due to the cold temperatures, most of the occupants were taken to a temporary shelter.
Firefighters found food burning on a stove top in a second floor apartment with its door open and no occupants, according to the release. The crew put out the fire and ventilated the building so residents could return to their units.
No one was injured during the incident, officials said.
- Bookstore hosts online fundraiser for Wisconsin School Music Association
- Packers activate Rodgers from injured reserve
- Janesville community joins together to deliver bags of hope
- Roads near Foxconn site made into highways to access funding
- Getting back on track after the holiday spending season
- Police: Woman believes her drink was drugged after online date