MADISON, Wis. - The animal-free Venardos Circus will be appearing at West Towne Mall in Madison until Sept. 2.
The Broadway-style circus debuted Wednesday night.
According to a news release, "guests can expect to be transported back in time to the center ring of a centuries-old tradition, but one that has been reinvented for the next generation."
The Venardos Circus was founded by former Ringling Bros. ringmaster Kevin Venardos and has toured the country since 2014.
Shows will run Wednesdays through Sundays in the parking lot of West Towne Mall, across from Dave & Buster's.
The group will have a sensory-friendly show at 2 p.m. Aug. 30.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'They're in there helping the little guy': Janesville farmer explains how Farm Aid 2019 helps him
- 4 children, 1 woman injured when car hit horse and buggy
- Lodi Police Department names new chief, addresses plans for department
- Funeral set for Milwaukee officer, hit by driver in 2017
- Protesters gather at Capitol, MG&E to demand clean energy, climate action
- Wisconsin law firm files suit against vaping companies in 5 states