EAST TROY, Wis. - The Alpine Valley Music Theater will reopen for the 2018 season, after closing for the first time in 40 in years in 2017.
The venue closed for the 2017 season for the first time since it opened in 1977. At the time, officials said they would use the year to update the venue.
The amphitheater has hosted a variety of notable performers over the years, including Bruce Springsteen, the Grateful Dead, Pearl Jam, Phish and Cold Play. In 1990, Stevie Ray Vaughan and four others were killed leaving the venue when their helicopter crashed into a ski hill.
Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
- No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Students discuss school security concerns
- Teacher, firearms instructor agree arming teachers is not the way to prevent school shootings
- Madison software company creates safety technology for school districts
- Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County