MADISON, Wis. - An Air Force member surprised his family with an early reunion during Saturday's Badger football game against Iowa.
According to a story from the official University of Wisconsin Athletics website, Greg Slattery is a senior airman in the U.S. Air Force and a graduate of DeForest High School.
Slattery and his father wanted to surprise the rest of their family by having Slattery come home early from his deployment to Afghanistan. The two of them worked with Wisconsin Athletics officials to coordinate his return.
Slattery arrived in Madison at Truax Field after 3 p.m. and waited to rejoice with his son Kye a couple hours later inside Camp Randall Stadium.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Rock County Sheriff's Department investigating report of shots fired on Highway 11 near Janesville
- No. 8 Badgers lead No. 1 Buckeyes, 21-7, at half in Big Ten Championship
- Jack Coan runs for third rushing touchdown of the season
- State Patrol hiring people with diverse backgrounds, experiences
- Badgers Volleyball advances to Sweet 16
- Jonathan Taylor, Badgers strike first in Big Ten Championship Game