MADISON - There's a new place to go thrift shopping.
Agrace held a grand opening celebration Saturday for its new thrift shop on Stoughton Road.
All proceeds from the shop go toward the organization's grief fund. The fund supports those dealing with the death of a loved one.
Organizers say support from the community goes a long way toward their goal.
"We want everyone to receive grief services whether or not they can pay," says Jessie Schveler, Agrace community grief manager.
"All the proceeds from this store in particular are going to fund those programs."
The new store is open Wednesdays through Saturdays. It focuses on furniture and decor.
There are now four Agrace resale stores in south central Wisconsin.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'This is the season of giving': Holiday shoppers give back to those who need it most
- Complaint: Madison man says he 'used three boxes of condoms' while having sex with 13-year-old girl
- Major fire prevented by quick moving Madison firefighters
- Cottage Grove PD helps search home related to hidden recording devices found in student hotel room
- UnityPoint Health - Meriter announces top baby names of 2019
- Janesville police asking for help identifying burglars