MADISON, Wis. - Activist groups were protesting at hundreds of Verizon stores throughout the country Thursday ahead of the FCC's vote on a rollback of net neutrality protections.
Madison protesters gathered at the Verizon on University Avenue.
If adopted, the new rules would reverse current regulations that require Internet service providers to give equal treatment to all websites.
The chairman of the FCC is a former corporate lawyer for Verizon.
- DCSO: Man crashes into squad car after pursuit, deputy hurt
- Police: registered sex offender found running through west side backyards
- New overnight finals-week shuttle at UW-Madison designed for student safety
- Child seriously injured in second major crash at Dodge County intersection in two weeks
- Oprah attends UW-Milwaukee graduation ceremony
- 77-year-old UW-Madison graduate participates in commencement ceremony 50 years later