MADISON, Wis. - An 87-year-old man died Sunday morning after a head-on crash in the Town of Burke.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a 29-year-old man driving a 2008 Mercedes Benz was traveling southbound on County Highway CV, just south of Messerschmidt Road, at 7:26 a.m.
In a news release, the Sheriff's Office said the driver attempted to pass another southbound vehicle in a no-passing zone.
Officials said the man's car crashed head-on into a 2018 Toyota Sienna being driven by an 82-year-old woman, who was with her 87-year-old husband.
Police said all three individuals were transported to area hospitals for what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries.
The Dane County Sherif'fs Office and the Medical Examiner's Office said they were notified of the 87-year-old's death about three hours later.
The names of the parties involved are being withheld pending notification by the Medical Examiner's Office.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Dane County District Attorney announces reelection campaign, addresses reformative justice
UW marching band to perform at Packers/Raiders game
- UW marching band to perform at Packers/Raiders game
- Wisconsin BASE jumper who got stuck in cables arrested on suspicion of trespassing
- Ex-Princess My Party performer says workers have gone months without pay; company says money ran out
- Security guard fired for asking student to stop calling him N-word by repeating slur seeks change
- As possible end to General Motors strike draws near, workers continue to picket
- PFAS found in Madison's four seasonal wells