MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police are searching for a driver who struck and seriously injured a school crossing guard.
Authorities say the hit-and-run happened shortly before 6:30 a.m. Friday. The 71-year-old male crossing guard was taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries.
The guard is an employee of the police department.
Police are looking for a burgundy, 4-door, 1997-2001 Buick Park Avenue or LeSabre.
- Getting back on track after the holiday spending season
- Police: Woman believes her drink was drugged after online date
- Wisconsin program hopes to spark interest in hunting
- Summit for black boys and young men teaches ways to succeed
- Madison Nordic Ski Club to host early season race and open ski event
- Sheriff's office: Beloit man says he didn't kill woman, but disposed of body about 4 miles away