TOWN OF DARLINGTON, Wis. - A Sunday crash between a pickup truck and an Amish buggy in rural Lafayette County injured seven people, sheriff Reg Gill said in a news release.
The crash happened on the 13000 block of Highway 81 outside of Darlington.
Deputies determined the buggy, driven by 36-year-old Elam Stoltsfus of rural Argyle, was travelling eastbound on Highway 81 when a 2008 Chevrolet pickup truck, driven by 79-year-old Richard E. Larson of rural South Wayne, rear-ended the buggy.
The crash, which pushed the buggy into the south ditch, ejected Stoltsfus, his wife Susie and five small children.
Medics transported seven members of the Stoltsfus family to Memorial Hospital of Lafayette County with injuries ranging from very severe to very minor, Gill said.
Two members of the family were later flown to UW Hospital.
Deputies said the crash remains under investigation Sunday evening.
- One last luau: A family brings hope to people with epilepsy
- Rock County Sheriff's Office will hold book drive
- Milwaukee police officer injured in shooting, suspect in custody
- UW-Madison receives donation for new recreational center
- 52-year-old Rock County woman found dead outside in cold, officials say
- Statewide school garden organization provides resources, connects Madison schools