JANESVILLE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - The Rock County Medical Examiner's Office is identifying a Janesville motorcyclist who died in a three-vehicle crash Monday afternoon, officials said.
Rock County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to the crash at 3:57 p.m. on Highway 14 at Hackbarth Road in Janesville Township.
Authorities said a Chevrolet Silverado was among the line of cars going eastbound on the highway. Gerald E. Field, 36, of Watertown, failed to slow down and collided with a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The motorcycle driver was a 68-year-old Jeffrey W. Dary.
Officials said the impact pushed the Dary's motorcycle into the back of a Honda Accord. That car's driver was Johanna E. Yoder, 72, of Crystal Lake, Illinois. Both Yoder and the Dary had slowed down leading up to the crash.
Dary was brought to a hospital but later died. Officials said he was not wearing a helmet.
Authorities believed Field had been falling asleep prior to the crash. He will be cited for inattentive driving.
Highway 14 was closed for roughly two hours due to the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Beltline reduced to 2 lanes at Fish Hatchery Road this weekend; DOT warns of traffic delays
- As Culver's celebrate 35 years, founders say they never dreamed restaurant would grow this big
- Ho-Chunk Nation responds to proposed Hard Rock casino: 'It's going to make the region a powerhouse'
- Construction workers want drivers to slow down and get rid of distractions
- Man sentenced to 21 months in prison, nearly $63K restitution for credit card fraud
- Authorities arrest second suspect in Madison attempted homicide, police say