MILWAUKEE - State health officials say five people have gotten sick after eating sprouts at Jimmy John's restaurants in Wisconsin.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services says the salmonella cases were reported around the state during mid to late December.
Officials say people diagnosed with the outbreak strain in other states also have reported eating sprouts at Jimmy John's restaurants in their state.
Officials are working to identify the source of sprouts supplied to the restaurants where people became ill and if the product was distributed to other locations.
The department has asked that Jimmy John's restaurants in Wisconsin remove sprouts from their menu until the investigation is completed.
Symptoms of salmonella include diarrhea, vomiting, fever and stomach cramps
- Man arrested for pointing gun during drug deal, officials say
- Henry Vilas Zoo announces polar bear departure
- Local businesses suffering as Monroe Street construction begins
- Driver disregards deputy, causes high-speed secondary crash, officials say
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- 1 dead in head-on collision Saturday morning, officials say