LA CROSSE COUNTY, Wis. - A four-vehicle crash occurred Friday on I-90 in La Crosse County around 5:30 p.m., resulting in one death, officials said in a release.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Larry Felber, 59, of Holmen, was driving a Toyota Camry westbound in the eastbound lanes of I-90 before entering the median and hitting a cable barrier. When Felber reentered the eastbound lanes, his vehicle’s headlights were not lit, resulting in a head-on collision with a Toyota Avalon.
Felber's injuries were fatal, officials said in the release.
According to officials, Felber's vehicle came to rest against the median cable barrier, while the Avalon continued eastbound and collided with another vehicle.
These incidents caused a chain of events, ultimately involving four vehicles in total, officials said.
Dennis Bracco, 65, of Oak Park, Illinois, was driving the vehicle involved in the head-on collision with Felber, and, according to the release, his injuries were not life-threatening.
The two other driver involved, Dennis Compos, 26, of La Crosse and Tristan Cleveland, 19, of Sparta, were not injured, officials said.
According to WisDOT, the crash is under investigation.
Dog finds new home after being spotted on News 3 at Noon
Upper Mississippi River commercial users to see new rules
- Sheriff warns of thin ice after rescuing ice fisherman
- Friends of Waunakee hope to conserve village's charm
- Boy aims to raise $15K for LCC Comfort Dogs
- Air quality safe for residents of buildings near Beaver Dam burn site, officials say
- Police: No foul play suspected in death of Sun Prairie principal
- 2 men fatally shot in Milwaukee