JANESVILLE, Wis. - A 33-year-old man is dead after a head-on crash in Janesville Saturday night.
According to the Rock County Sheriff's Office, it happened on Highway 14, north of E County MM around 9:15 p.m. They said the driver of a Ford Mustang was trying to pass another car not involved in the accident when it crashed head-on with another vehicle.
Deputies said the man killed was a passenger in that Mustang and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Mustang's driver, Thomas Bluhm of Janesville, was arrested for homicide by intoxicated use of vehicle. He is being held in the Rock County Jail and is expected to make his first court appearance tomorrow.
Deputies shut down Highway 14 for approximately five hours while investigating the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Parents rally to ‘call the shots' with vaccines as doctor warns measles will likely hit Wisconsin
- Study says Beloit is the worst place to live in Wisconsin, leaders there say that's not true
- Sen. Ron Johnson says Joe Biden poses the greatest threat to President Donald Trump in Wisconsin
- 61-year-old man in hospital after hit-and-run
- Sen. Johnson doesn't support 6-week abortion ban
- Vienna Beef Ltd. recalls beef products in Wisconsin