MADISON, Wis. - Three teens were arrested Saturday morning for stealing a vehicle, police said.
Officers observed a vehicle cutting in and out of traffic and attempted to stop it. Dispatch informed the officers that the vehicle had recently been stolen from Sun Prairie, police said.
The stolen car crashed into a traffic standard on Milwaukee street near Highway 51 and left the scene, police said.
Officers then located the vehicle and saw the occupants leaving, police said. Three suspects ages 14 to 15 were taken to the Juvenile Detention Center.
The three teens are facing charges for operating a motor vehicle without owner's consent.
- Suicide rate falls in Wisconsin; number of gun-related suicide deaths stays above national average
- Multiple agencies respond to fire at Briess Industries in Waterloo Thursday night
- Parent writes 'gun' on cardboard, gets into Madison classroom
- Evansville High School cancels classes Friday due to gas leak
- Madison Board of Education president: 'Parents have a right to be worried. I'm worried.'
- UW Health opens state's only lupus clinic