MADISON, Wis. - Three teens were arrested Saturday morning for stealing a vehicle, police said.
Officers observed a vehicle cutting in and out of traffic and attempted to stop it. Dispatch informed the officers that the vehicle had recently been stolen from Sun Prairie, police said.
The stolen car crashed into a traffic standard on Milwaukee street near Highway 51 and left the scene, police said.
Officers then located the vehicle and saw the occupants leaving, police said. Three suspects ages 14 to 15 were taken to the Juvenile Detention Center.
The three teens are facing charges for operating a motor vehicle without owner's consent.
- Madison police rarely issue tickets for loud dogs
- Driver arrested after eluding officers, driving 100 mph, officials say
- Madison-made technology to treat diabetic foot ulcers
- Delivery driver victim of armed robbery, police say
- I-39 southbound now open after crash closes lanes near Beloit, officials say
- Four arrested Friday in ongoing drug delivery investigation, officials say