TOWN OF SUGAR CREEK, Wis. - A 24-year-old man died in single-vehicle crash Thursday that sent another to the hospital, officials said.
Jeff Myers, 24, of Elkhorn, was driving northbound on Dam Road in the Town of Sugar Creek when he lost control around 1:45 a.m. The 2017 Buick Regal left the roadway, rolled multiple times and hit numerous trees, according to a release from the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Myer was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the car. He was pronounced dead at the scene by the Walworth County Medical Examiner's Office.
Passenger Timothy Plucinski, 30, of Elkhorn, was transported to a local hospital with unknown injuries, officials said.
The crash is under investigation, but speed is believed to have been a factor, according to the release.
- New resolution would require all Dane County officials, interns to undergo harassment training
- Missing Bellevue teen found safe
- City of Madison looking for input on James Madison Park improvements
- Father: Marine fatally stabbed at base is Rock County man
- Michael Johnson says soon-to-be-closed Sam's Club should be donated to Boys and Girls Club
- Man charged for breaking into home, beating elderly woman to have competency hearing