LAKE GENEVA, Wis. - A 22-year-old man has died Thursday after falling into Geneva Lake while kayaking.
The Lake Geneva Fire Department said a man and woman were in separate kayaks just before 6:30 p.m. when they both flipped over.
The woman was rescued by a passerby, made it to shore and called 911, according to a release. The man went under the water and did not come back up.
Multiple agencies responded and a drone, a dive crew and sonar equipment was launched to find the man, officials said. His body was recovered about an hour later. He has not been identified.
According to the release, the kayakers were not wearing personal flotation devices.
Courtesy Tina Bakken, Janesville
'Significant amount' of rainfall causes flooding issues across Rock County, officials say
Copyright 2017 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Dane County Regional Airport sees record number of travelers in 2017
- Dane County Regional Airport sees record number of travelers in 2017
- Potosi man faces 7th drunken driving charge, officials say
- 55-year-old pulled folding knife on officers outside pharmacy, police say
- Verona restaurant closes after 12 years
- State tweaks dairy insurance program
- 4 Iowa men face drug charges after traffic stop in Green County, officials say