LANCASTER, Wis. - Two people were injured in a crash in Grant County early Tuesday, according to a news release.
The Grant County Sheriff's Office said that at 12:20 a.m., 20-year-old Evan Mckernan, of Lancaster, and his passenger, 19-year-old Leann Hanzel, of Lancaster, were headed east in a 1990 Nissan truck on Irish Hollow Road in the town of Potosi.
According to the release, Mckernan failed to maintain control of the truck, which left the road, traveled down an embankment and struck a tree.
The sheriff's office said Mckernan was taken to Grant Regional with life-threatening injuries, and Hanzel was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Police: Wife shot in DeForest, husband in custody Friday night
- MSO concert reflects the gravity of the day
- Volunteers pack 120K meals to feed starving children
- Madison police rarely issue tickets for loud dogs
- Driver arrested after eluding officers, driving 100 mph, officials say
- Madison-made technology to treat diabetic foot ulcers