WHITEWATER, Wis. - Highway 12 in Walworth County is back open Friday morning after being closed for several hours overnight due to a multi-vehicle crash, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Department.
A Walworth County dispatcher said the two-vehicle crash was reported at about 7:30 p.m. on Highway 12 at County Road N in Whitewater.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation said at about 8 p.m. that the east and west lanes on Highway 12 were closed. Walworth County authorities said the road reopened sometime overnight.
A photo from a News 3 Now viewer showed the Whitewater Fire Department at the scene, and debris strewn across the road. A damaged camper was also visible.
Information regarding injuries was not immediately available.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Gov. Evers signs executive order creating task force on reducing prescription drug prices
- Animal-free Venardos Circus running at West Towne Mall until Sept. 2
- Disney Classics returning to Marcus Theatres in September
- ‘It would have been a huge impact': Village happy Cambria plant is being sold rather than closing
- Senate Health Committee hears arguments for and against dental therapists bill
- Customers sad to see Michael's Frozen Custard location go: 'It's been here forever and ever'