MADISON, Wis. - Two teens were arrested in connection with a robbery that involved firing a handgun Friday, according to a news release from the Madison Police Department.
Kavant D. Smith, 17, of Madison, was arrested on charges of robbery, second-degree reckless endangerment, possession of marijuana with intent to sell and bail jumping. Damarieon F. Bryant, 18, of Fitchburg, was arrested on charges of robbery and second-degree reckless endangerment.
Officers were sent around 1:20 a.m. to the 5100 block of Hazelcrest Drive for reports of an armed home invasion, according to the release.
During the robbery, a handgun was discharged by one of the robbers, but no one was injured, officials said. The investigation is ongoing, but police believe the residents in the home were targeted, according to the release.
- Heat a concern for those without homes this holiday weekend
- Flowers stolen from veterans' graves on Memorial Day weekend
- Missing Beloit girl found safe
- Beloit police look for missing 10-year-old girl
- Pavement buckling on U.S. 12 impacting traffic, WisDOT says
- Madison police investigating after man robs adult video store, flees on foot