LAKE DELTON, Wis. - A building was leveled by fire in Sauk County early Wednesday morning.
Fire department crews in Lake Delton responded at 3:09 a.m. to the 100 block of Grand Canyon Drive for a report of a structure fire.
This is all that’s left of a two-story apartment complex which was under construction near Lake Delton. It was destroyed after it went up in flames overnight. Crews estimate around 1.5 million dollars in damage. The good news, no one was hurt. @WISCTV_News3 #news3now pic.twitter.com/FNze4Q3hyU— Josh Spreiter (@JoshSpreiterTV) April 10, 2019
The two-story building was under construction, so there were no residents inside. No one was injured.
Damage is estimated at about $1.5 million, officials said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Warriors and Wizards Festival founder facing felony for theft, lawsuit from city of Jefferson
- Boys and Girls Club members learn engineering basics from U.S. Cellular experts
- Habitat for Humanity proposes 48 new homes
- Crew who bored into Sherman Avenue water line hired by contractor from Sun Prairie explosion
- Lowell Elementary School staff asking Board of Education to not cut special education teachers
- Boys accused of beating goose to death in Sauk County, sheriff's office refers charges