MILWAUKEE - Sheriff's officials have identified two people who died when a motorcycle crashed into a wall on the interstate in Milwaukee.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jason Tiller and 38-year-old Shameka Calhoun were killed in the crash on Interstate 794 about 10 p.m. Wednesday. Both were from Milwaukee.
The sheriff's office says a group of motorcycles had entered the freeway at a high rate of speed, including the one that crashed. Passers-by stopped to render aid and began CPR until first responders arrived.
The sheriff's department says it closed both sides of the freeway when family members rushed to the scene and ran onto the interstate. They were escorted to a nearby park.
- Middleton company looks to change wheelchair industry
- ‘It was built to last, and it will:' Following explosion, owners to restore Old City Hall
- Man tries to hide golf clubs under his hoodie during retail theft attempt
- Hikers catch rattlesnake on camera at Devil's Lake State Park
- UPDATE: Missing Dane County inmate found and arrested
- UPDATE: Dane County inmate who went AWOL arrested by authorities