CAMBRIDGE, Wis. - Officials have identified the two people killed in a head-on crash Tuesday morning on Highway 12 in Cambridge.
Sheriff's deputies said it happened at about 3:50 a.m. near Rodney Road just west of the Village of Cambridge. Highway 12 was reopened around 7 a.m.
A vehicle traveling west on Highway 12 reportedly crossed the centerline and hit a vehicle heading east head-on. The Dane County sheriff office said both cars started on fire, trapping both drivers inside.
Officials said 22-year-old Chandler J. Jarlsberg, of Cambridge, was the only occupant of the Ford Focus involved in the crash, and 23-year-old Angeline B. Nsibirwa, of Fort Atkinson, was the only occupant of the Toyota Corolla.
Both were pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. Preliminary results of the autopsies reveal the two died from injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash and deaths are still under investigation by the Dane County Sheriff’s Office and the Dane County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- New allegations released against retired Fort Atkinson priest
- Parents say special education is in crisis, address MMSD
- 'Ministry of presence': How chaplains are helping wellness of police officers in Wisconsin
- Man who sexually assaulted UW student to be placed in Fitchburg apartment
- Residents see floating bogs on Lake Koshkonong
- Police: Suspect in suspicious death found, arrested within 14 hours