SUMPTER, Wis. - A 15-year-old involved in a crash Friday night in Sauk County died early Sunday morning, officials said.
A vehicle traveling southbound on U.S. Highway 12 Friday night crashed after failing to negotiate a curve while speeding, police said in a release.
Puneet Kumar Sharma, 20, of Madison, was driving the Honda Accord when it entered a ditch before becoming airborne and striking several trees, the release said.
Officials said two juvenile female passengers, ages 13 and 15, were injured.
The 13-year-old was transported to Sauk Prairie Hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
The 15-year-old suffered severe injuries and was taken by UW Med Flight helicopter to the UW Hospital, according to the release. The 15-year-old died Sunday at 5:35 a.m. from injuries suffered in the crash.
Sharma was arrested and is facing charges of causing injury while operating a motor vehicle while under the influence with a passenger under 16 years of age, officials said.
The Sauk County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the crash.
Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
Gander Mountain Janesville will re-open Saturday
- Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
- Gander Mountain Janesville will re-open Saturday
- Verona High School honors former student with scholarship
- Radioactive isotope used to detect the spread of cancer will soon be manufactured in Janesville
- Madison has used the least water in fifty years
- Rock County explosion may have been caused by legal explosives