CUBA CITY, Wis. - Two people were injured Monday when a vehicle rear-ended a semitrailer that was stopped on a Grant County highway waiting to turn into a driveway, officials said.
Grant County officials were notified around 2:40 p.m. of the two-vehicle crash on Highway 80 just north of Lone Road in Smelser Township, according to a release.
Jerrod Gates, 42, of Hazel Green, was driving a 2008 Kia Sedona north on Highway 80 when 55-year-old Marvin Dittmer, of Newton, Iowa, stopped a 2000 Freightliner semitruck on Highway 80 to turn into a private driveway, investigators said.
Gates did not see the semi stopped and crashed into the rear of the semi, according to the release.
Gates and his passenger, 20-year-old Jake Sannito, of Hazel Green, were taken to Southwest Health Center for injuries they suffered in the crash, officials said. Dittmer was not injured.
The crash remains under investigation and charges are pending, according to the release.
- Man arrested for pointing gun during drug deal, officials say
- Henry Vilas Zoo announces polar bear departure
- Local businesses suffering as Monroe Street construction begins
- Driver disregards deputy, causes high-speed secondary crash, officials say
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- 1 dead in head-on collision Saturday morning, officials say