PORTLAND, Wis. - UPDATE (7/15/2018): The Dodge County Sheriff's Office has identified the two drivers killed Friday in a double fatal, head-on crash on State Highway 19 near North Street in the Town of Portland.
Deputies say Kaley Gray, 21, was driving east on Highway 19. Jose Perez-Martinez, 28, was driving west when the crash happened, about one mile east of Waterloo. Both drivers were from Waterloo and died after colliding head-on.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Office said they are still investigating whether a driver was headed in the wrong direction or driving under the influence.
ORIGINAL STORY (7/13/2018): Two drivers were pronounced dead at the scene after a head-on collision in Dodge County, according to a news release from the sheriff's office.
Officials responded to State Highway 19 near North Street in the Town of Portland around 4 p.m. after receiving reports of a two-vehicle crash.
The crash involved an eastbound passenger car and a westbound pickup truck, according to the news release.
Both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, officials said. The drivers were the only occupants of the vehicles.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Office is investigating the crash.
- Wisconsin Sen. Johnson concerned about `widespread tariffs'
- Authorities: Man who crashed car had gunshot wound
- Potosi man dies after falling into pond, getting stuck in trampoline straps, officials say
- Racine officer on paid leave for more than 2 years
- Culver's donates 50 percent of Tuesday's sales to family of Capt. Cory Barr
- Madison man smashed over head with beer bottle in battery case