RICHLAND CENTER, Wis. - The Richland Center Police Department arrested two people on methamphetamine charges around 1 a.m. Thursday as part of a traffic stop, according to a release.
The car was stopped for an equipment violation. During the traffic stop, K-9 unit Rambo gave a positive indication on the vehicle for the presence of narcotics, officials said.
When officers asked the passengers to exit the car, the two appeared nervous and reached in their pockets. Police then found the methamphetamine, according to the release.
Driver Lori L. Oman, 47, of Sextonville, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, operating while under the influence of a controlled substance fourth offense, misdemeanor bail jumping and operating after suspension, according to police.
Passenger Joshua D. Clarke, 30, of Richland Center, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia felony bail jumping, according to police.
Harlem Renaissance quiz
Multiple agencies respond to fire at Briess Industries in Waterloo Thursday night
- Multiple agencies respond to fire at Briess Industries in Waterloo Thursday night
- Parent writes 'gun' on cardboard, gets into Madison classroom
- Evansville High School cancels classes Friday due to gas leak
- Madison Board of Education president: 'Parents have a right to be worried. I'm worried.'
- UW Health opens state's only lupus clinic
- Immigration rights activists protest bill at state Capitol