GREEN BAY, Wis. - A 14-year-old girl from Green Bay had an amazing moment while deer hunting after she shot two bucks using only one arrow.
According to WLUK-TV, Matiah Christensen was north of Sturgeon Bay when the impressive feat happened.
"I did not think I got both of them at first," said Christensen. "I was like in shock."
Christensen told reporters she had no interest in one of the deer that came by.
"A three-pointer walked out and we were like 'OK, it's a buck, but it's really small,'" said Christensen. "So, we waited for it to go by."
WLUK-TV said the deer returned over an hour later with some does and an eight-point buck. After taking the shot, Christensen followed a blood trail.
"There was a long blood trail so we figured it must have went through the eight-pointer and deflected off a rib and sliced the three-pointer's neck," said Christensen.
Christensen decided to keep the eight-point buck using one tag, and the state's Department of Natural Resources allowed her to keep the three-pointer's antlers. According to WLUK-TV, she is planning to hang up both along with the special arrow.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- CBD shop thinks stolen hemp flower will be resold as marijuana
- Call for Action: Landlord accuses tenants of breeding dogs, causing $30,000 in damage
- DNR expects large turnout for deer hunting opening weekend
- Merrimac crew rescues dog from broken ice
- Uber confirms rider accused of attacking Madison driver banned for life
- 'We miss you so much': Parents of missing Beloit teen ask for help bringing him home safe