MADISON, Wis. - All lanes of the westbound Beltline at Monona Drive were closed Thursday morning due to a crash involving multiple vehicles, officials said.
The crash happened around 5:45 a.m.
Dane County officials said the crash was caused by a road buckle on the Beltline near Monona Drive.
Officials said the crash involved up to 12 vehicles, but they could not comment on if there were any injuries.
Crews repaired a large hole in the road and cleared the crash scene, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Officials said the westbound Beltline was closed at Highway 51 until around 7:15 a.m.
- Wisconsin Department of Health warns of mysterious Disease X
- UW students to install solar panels in Puerto Rico
- Man leads police on high-speed chase, injures 4 in hit-and-run crash
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say